Useful Services for Patients and Families
Useful contacts for Edinburgh based patients
- Paediatric Psychology and Liaison Service (PPALS) is a specialist team that works with children and young people who require psychological support. Contact details: 0131 536 0535.
- Sick Kids Friends Foundation Drop in Centre is a facility for children and families who are affected by long-term conditions. Contact details: 21 Millerfield Place, Edinburgh 0131 536 0888.
- Family Support Service is based at the RHSC. Opening hours: Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6pm; Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm. Contact details: 0131 536 0070.
- Kindred: is anorganisation providing advocacy and information on services available to children with additional support needs and their carers.Contact details: 0131 536 0360.
- Spiritual and Pastoral Care Department: Members of the Spiritual and Pastoral Care Team offer confidential, non-judgemental support to patients and families whatever their beliefs or life situations. Contact details: 0131 536 0000, ask to radio page the on call chaplin.
- Voice of Carers Across Lothian (VOCAL): works with carers and family members, offering specialist practical and emotional support, training, counselling and advocacy. Contact details: 0131 622 6666.